Non-profit / charity / fund accounting, example help, please

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 19:26:54 EST 2014

Sun, 30 Nov 2014 09:30:34 <547B2A0A.2050701 at mtdata.com>  Mike or Penny
Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com>

>>Maybe the list topic description should be changed to be just about
>>"how to do this with GC"?
>>
>>0.02
>>Maf.

That would be everything, Maf :)

>Second that.
>
>As I have repeatedly said, I am NOT an accountant, not qualified to
>give advice about WHAT you would be doing (as opposed to how to do that
>what using gnucash) and this especially true when dealing with other
>jurisdiction where I have no experience reporting.

OK, in that case stop telling people things.  Observe and contribute
when you can add rather than negate.

> Which I why I keep repeating "get professional advice" or if you are
>trying to do it by yourself, get books covering the subject. It's one
>thing knowing on a personal level (having seen the financial reports of
>larger charities to act as examples and having filled out reports to
>governmental jurisdictions) "what you are proposing to do isn't the
>usual accounting standard; there's more to this".

At some point you must realise you speak for yourself and have said your
bit.

Other people gather information useful to their organisations.

I'm not sure you are helping generally, M&P

--
Wm...