Support Assistance

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 11:05:00 EST 2014

On Wed Dec 31 2014 at 4:34:51 AM Wm

> Are you sure you mean an invoice?  Presuming there is no goods or
> service that you are invoicing for, what happens if someone can't or
> doesn't pay?  Is there a debt on their account?

If a church member began the year by making a pledge to make monthly
contributions to the church, does it create monthly invoices?

If a person signs up for an annual gym membership, payable monthly, does it
create monthly invoices?

If the answers are different, why?

To answer the original question: no, GnuCash does not have the shortcut you
are asking for. I wish it did, for similar reasons (generating monthly
invoices for memberships in a not-for-profit).

It does, however, have the ability to import invoices from a CSV file. You
can create a spreadsheet with a row for every member and a column for every
necessary field for the import, and then monthly update the invoice numbers
and dates in the spreadsheet, export the spreadsheet as a CSV, import the
spreadsheet into GnuCash, and you'll have your monthly invoices.