Duplicate invoices help needed

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 07:26:03 EST 2014

I can say that the program has no problem creating invoices with the same number.  It would be totally useless to do so, but you could manually force every invoice to have the same number, and the program would still be happy with it.   Invoices are treated much like bills, and you have to have bills with the same number since someone else came up with the number.   And moreover old fashioned invoice books had numbers pre-printed on them, so when you ran out of a book, you started back at 001.  If you have one of those for when you’re not at your computer and then enter the invoice when you get back, you’d need to deal with the duplicate problem.   So that is actually a necessary feature, if not always what you might want.

 I haven’t had the experience you’ve had with not being able to find an invoice on either number or customer.

You’re getting beyond my knowledge and experience at this point.  Perhaps someone else can help here.   I’m thinking the ? in the register may be a clue.