Scheduled Transactions: Name changes every month

Gast1234 gast1234 at trash-mail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:15:15 EST 2014

I am sorry for not using specific names, but I use the german translated
version thus words could be different.

When GnuCash gets my transaction from my bank account, there are
automatically a transaction name which is identical with my printed "bank
account papers". I also use the description in GnuCash which is below the
"name" for my notes. This of course is named for the example above only
"phone".

If I click on an existing transaction, e.g. phone bill transaction which has
a changing bill number and use this as an template, all following scheduled
transactions will have the same bill number. My bank also sets a reference
number for each transaction, wich could be used for clarifying with a bank
assistent.

Hopefully my problem is clear enough now: Scheduled transaction should not
change the "transaction name".

Thanks for all replies!