Any sign of payroll yet?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Sun Feb 9 11:43:34 EST 2014

On Sunday 09 February 2014 08:42:02 Robert Heller wrote:
> A thought that occurs to me:
>
> A simplier option could be to implement a 'plugin' or 'extension' API
> for Gnucash, which would for allow third-party plugins or extensions,
> which could include things like a payroll (or really a US-payroll or
> a UK-payroll or a Canada-payroll, etc. extension) or an inventory
> extension or other possible plugins or extensions for other
> special-purpose functions or features. This might take the 'pressure'
> off the developers WRT some of these more difficult 'features'.

Actually GnuCash has a full plugin system in place. The current
functionality is already split into different modules.

I'm not sure if it's suitable in its current form for the kind of
extensions you are thinking of though. And it's not well documented and
over the years the boundaries between the different plugins may have
watered down a bit.

Geert