Python bindings on Mac OS 10.9

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:49:36 EST 2014

I re-ran jhbuild bootstrap.

I did happen to notice a series of errors go by:

make install DESTDIR=/Users/victor/gnucash-stable/_jhbuild/root-gtk-osx-docbook
./install.sh
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence
sed: RE error: illegal byte sequence

I’m guessing these don’t matter, as it appears to be related to documentation.

After re-bootstrapping, I got a re-tried the ‘which xzcat’ from within jhbuild shell.

/Users/victor/gnucash-stable/bin/xzcat

So I tried a fresh jhbuild build, which semi-failed at osx-docbook - which, again, I guessed was not a problem so I selected option
2? (ignore and continue).

Numerous errors occurred when it attempted to build libgcrypt.  All of them being
mpih-div.c:104:6: error: invalid use of a cast in a inline asm context requiring an l-value: remove the cast or build with -fheinous-gnu-extensions

with various places from which the macro was expanded.  Don’t know whether to build with heinous gnu extensions (for that matter, I’m not sure how to).

Again, took option 2 - which caused it to generate very much the same errors for mpi, at the end of which it complained about an error during the install phase of libgcrypt.

Chose 3 - give up on module.

Several checkout phases failed on the first attempt.  On the second, they appeared to work.

Later…

*** Checking out iso-codes *** [54/56]
curl --continue-at - -L http://pkg-isocodes.alioth.debian.org/downloads/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz -o /Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   325  100   325    0     0     82      0  0:00:03  0:00:03 --:--:--    82
xzcat -d "/Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz" | tar xf -
xzcat: /Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz: File format not recognized
*** Error during phase checkout of iso-codes: could not unpack tarball (expected iso-codes-3.47 dir) *** [54/56]

  [1] Rerun phase checkout
  [2] Ignore error and continue to configure
  [3] Give up on module
  [4] Start shell
  [5] Reload configuration
  [6] Go to phase "wipe directory and start over"
choice: 1
*** Checking out iso-codes *** [54/56]
xzcat -d "/Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz" | tar xf -
xzcat: /Users/victor/gtk/source/pkgs/iso-codes-3.47.tar.xz: File format not recognized
*** Error during phase checkout of iso-codes: could not unpack tarball (expected iso-codes-3.47 dir) *** [54/56]

At which point I chose [3].   It continued, and “finished” shortly thereafter, with

*** module gnucash not built due to non buildable aqbanking *** [56/56]
*** module gnucash not built due to non buildable meta-gtk-osx-webkit *** [56/56]
*** module gnucash not built due to non buildable iso-codes *** [56/56]
*** the following modules were not built *** [56/56]
libgcrypt gnutls gwenhywfar aqbanking glib-networking libgnome-keyring libsoup WebKit meta-gtk-osx-webkit iso-codes gnucash

Thoughts?