Subject: Re: Undeposited Funds

Brenda Reed brendareed123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 01:21:12 EST 2014

Well, I tried what you suggested Mark, and it works great. I did find out a
few interesting things that I thought I would share. 1) If you forget to
put anything in the Action field (Hours, Material or Project) when creating
the invoice (it allows it without an error and the invoice looks fine for
the time being). Then when you pay the invoice and make the deposit, in the
A/R Register you will see the invoice and the payment transactions both
with an "L" in the Type field and the note "Lot Link" in the Action field
and the note "Internal Link between invoice and payment lots" in the Memo
field. There is obviously something wrong with these transactions and I
found out it was due to nothing being chosen in the Action field when
creating the invoice. 2) In the A/R register I find it odd that there is no
reference to the invoice # in the payment transaction and the Customer
Summary does the same thing. It would be typical to show the invoice #
somewhere in the payment trans and on the payment in any reports. Thanks
for your help.

I previously wrote:
Thank you Mark, this adds even more clarity. I'll be trying this in
a copy of my account.