Sharing a Data File WAS:Re: How do I remove an entry from the aging receivables report

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Feb 19 13:50:43 EST 2014

Hi Feilhlim,

Probably best to start a new topic than continue a thread that is over a year
old and about something different.

Let me see if I can understand your problem a little better:

You and your accountant both run Gnucash? - are they the same version?

You should be able to just give your data file to you accountant, who should
be able to open it just fine.  Exporting should not be required.

If the dates go askew, maybe you and she are in different timezones, or have a
clock set up incorrectly somewhere.

Can you give a more detailed example of what doesn't work?  EG. "She runs the
balance sheet report but the date is off by a day (or year or whatever) than
when I run the same report on my GC."  or "She opens my data file and her
machine crashes with this message..."

Best regards,
Maf.