Quotes

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sat Feb 22 03:39:06 EST 2014

Mike Roberts <mike at roberts-engineering.com> writes:

> Done!  Starting GnuCash ... couldn't find Perl ... Get Quotes is grayed out
> in the Price Editor.  Rebooting.  Starting GnuCash ... Application failed to
> start because perl510.dll was not found.  I'm guessing perl510.dll was from
> v 5.10.1 as there is a perl516.dll in the Perl directory.  Get Quotes is
> grayed out again.

Hi Mike,

This is due to some 'old' binaries hanging around. Look here:

http://community.activestate.com/node/7440

and also

http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.10/install.html

If you must uninstall ActivePerl manually, delete the Perl directory, including all sub-directories, and the following registry entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ActiveState/ActivePerl
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/ActiveState/PerlScript
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Uninstall/ActivePerl

So, what I would recommend is:
- uninstall all activestate Perls you still have, including the last you
installed
- remove the Perl directory.
- then reinstall latest Activestate Perl

tell me if this helps.

best
--
erik colson