business accounts receivable report problems

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 2 20:07:28 EST 2014

On Jan 2, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Marc Evans <marc at softwarehackery.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running gnucash-2.6.0 on OSX 10.9.1, installed via the DMG from the
> gnucash site.
>
> When running Reports > Business > Receivable Aging the reports that
> results shows the wrongs figures, such that many items that should be
> zero at not. When I click on a problem figure trying to figure out
> details of why, a new tab is shown specific to the customer, showing
> that same problem figure in the Total Due, but zeros in both the credits
> and debits columns. If I then:
>
> 1) Select Report Options
> 2) Select From > Start of previous year
> 3) Select From > Start of accounting period
> 4) Select Apply
>
> The result is a proper customer report with all zeros.
>
> Am I somehow not properly using the system or is this a bug?

To make sure that I understand, you are changing the start of the
report period to "start of previous year" and then changing it
back to "start of accounting period", so there's no actual change
to the options. Is that correct?

What happens if you do that immediately rather than following
one of the problem links? How about if you click on the "Reload"
button in the toolbar?

Where are the "problem figures" coming from? An earlier accounting
period?

Regards,
John Ralls