business accounts receivable report problems

Marc Evans marc at softwarehackery.com
Thu Jan 2 20:21:02 EST 2014

On 1/2/14, 8:07 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Marc Evans <marc at softwarehackery.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running gnucash-2.6.0 on OSX 10.9.1, installed via the DMG from the
>> gnucash site.
>>
>> When running Reports > Business > Receivable Aging the reports that
>> results shows the wrongs figures, such that many items that should be
>> zero at not. When I click on a problem figure trying to figure out
>> details of why, a new tab is shown specific to the customer, showing
>> that same problem figure in the Total Due, but zeros in both the credits
>> and debits columns. If I then:
>>
>> 1) Select Report Options
>> 2) Select From > Start of previous year
>> 3) Select From > Start of accounting period
>> 4) Select Apply
>>
>> The result is a proper customer report with all zeros.
>>
>> Am I somehow not properly using the system or is this a bug?
>>

> To make sure that I understand, you are changing the start of the
> report period to "start of previous year" and then changing it
> back to "start of accounting period", so there's no actual change
> to the options. Is that correct?

Yes. Effectively tricking the program into allowing me to select Apply
without making any changes.

> What happens if you do that immediately rather than following
> one of the problem links? How about if you click on the "Reload"
> button in the toolbar?

If I go directly to the customer report all figures are zero, which is
what I would expect.

Selecting Reload when viewing the receivable aging report results in no
change.

> Where are the "problem figures" coming from? An earlier accounting
> period?

I have not been able to figure that out. My customers are invoiced and
pay the same amount repeatedly, so the figures aren't particularly
unique. I was hoping to be able to figure that out using the customer
specific report, but no such luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the response!

- Marc