GnuCash 2.4.14 Register Not Updating After Transaction Import

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:41:30 EST 2014

On 1/2/2014 11:39 PM, Terry Morse wrote:
> I just updated to GnuCash 2.4.14. After importing downloaded transactions in an OFX or QFX file, the new entries don't appear in the register unless I close and reopen it. Refreshing the view without closing the account window doesn't make them appear. Additionally, all the balances for the new transaction lines = $0.00.
>
> Is there a fix for this, or do I need to go back to the previous version?
>
> Thank you,
> Terry

You did not mention which OS you are using?
Also, you said that you closed the register (window) and reopened it.
Then you stated that the new transactions show $0.00 in the balance
column.  Both of these symptoms suggest that the OFX wizard failed to
complete.  Did the Import window close properly?  If you close the
program and reopen it, does that resolve the problem?  Are there any
existing transactions after some of the imported transactions so you can
determine whether the imported transactions did or did not get counted
in subsequent balance figures?  Did the import go faster, slower or at
about the same speed as before?

I would suggest making and saving an extra copy of the last backup
before the import for further testing and diagnosis.

The developers would like to help you with this, and answers to these
questions may help.  If you try the IRC chat channel [irc.gnome.org]:
#gnucash, often there is a live person there.

This is one of my favorite topics, but I am a user, not a developer.  I
would like to hear how you get it it resolved.

David C