Menu options disabled

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 12:11:44 EST 2014

On 6 Jan 2014, at 16:42, jazeera <vishrao at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
>          What you have suggested is the first step and I was able to do it.
> Subsequent steps is what I am talking about. If you look at the bottom of
> the document you have sent me it it has the section titled *'Using Gnucash
> to download transactions directly to an account register*'
>
> This is where the menu item: Actions>Online Actions>Get Transactions comes
> into play and it is grayed out in my setup.
>
> What about the 'Retrieve Account List' issue?

Sorry, as I said, I don’t use this feature, so I don’t have any experience of setting it up.

What you need to do is to attract the attention of a member of the List who does use the electronic banking feature, and who has the time to do some hand-holding.

You’re more likely to get this attention if you specify in detail what operating system and GnuCash version you’re using, and what you’ve already done to help yourself along the way.

Unlike me, most GnuCash users aren’t retired and have busy lives - a clearly formulated question is more likely to get a clear answer!

Michael