Bayesian import not allowed with QIF

olme dolmedilla at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 8 01:20:40 EST 2014

Hi,

I am using for about 3-4 years GNUCash 2.4.11. I developed different scripts
that would convert my bank statements exported as CSVs (I am in Germany and
AFAIK online banking has not been an option) into QIF and  then import them.
The importer for QIF then matches into accounts based on a full-text match
(as described in the file "qif-accounts-map", created from my previous
history). That was working great, but now however,  each transaction
description in my bank is given a unique number in addition to the standard
text, that is, for the transactions repeating each month, now the
description text has always one token that is changing, so full match will
never work again. Therefore I would be very interested in using the bayesian
feature of the import but I read in a post from 2006 that it is not
available for QIF imports.

Therefore, my questions would be:
- Has this changed? Is there a way (perhaps via configuration or new
versions of GNUCash) to use the bayesian learner/matcher with QIF imports?
- Is OFX or QFX available somehow for German banks such as Diba, com direct
or the Spanish ING Direct?
- Is there any other easy way any of you could imagine to follow (removing
the changing token from the description of the transactions is not feasible
since the place varies depending the type of transaction)?

Thanks in advance for the help.