Export of scheduled transactions

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Jul 1 12:47:08 EDT 2014

>>the only reason for starting afresh is the size of the file that gets loaded
>>in, my file is for 3 years so far with 4 bank accounts, & 3 cash-in hand-
>>account (rotary Club funds keeping club funds & charity accounts separate but
>>all in one file.

Please note that THIS is a separate issue. If you are keeping
funds/books for organizations that should NOT be within your personal
books nor should the organizational books be combined.

Among other things, this is a PRIVACY issue.

a) Each organization should be able to have another person inspect the
books (of their organization). If this is not being done at least on
some irregular basis, it SHOULD be.

b) But they shouldn't be able to view either the books of another
organization nor your personal books.

c) Handing them a report supposedly produced by gnucash would NOT
constitute "inspecting the books". Inspecting the books does include
verifying with the bank* that the money supposedly in the account
(according to the books) actually is in the account. Please, this is NOT
a matter of lack of trust but proper "business practice".

Michael D Novack, FLMI

* In my case (and this might not apply to you) I have the designated
"other person" contact the bank directly to get their own printed
statement instead of handing over the one the bank sent me. I insisted
on that, because after all, I spend decades being paid to do things like
have computers generate printed financial statements. So handing over a
piece of paper SUPPOSEDLY printed by the bank not properly adequate in
my case.