Help needed with changing scheduled transactions end dates please.

Christina Martin christina at airgeadstudio.net
Wed Jul 16 01:26:10 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've been using GnuCash for a number of years and am very happy with it,
both for personal use and also my business accounts.  In the past I have
kept a separate set of accounts for each financial year but as I know
that isn't ideal, this year I decided to keep going and just use the
accounting period date filter to pull out what I needed.

That led me to a problem with my scheduled transactions.  In Australia,
we use the 1 July to 30 June financial year, so I had all of my
transactions set to end at the end of July (to give me time to get the
new file set up and operational while keeping an eye on the finances).
I was using an older version of GnuCash (v2.4.something) but although I
could change the end date from a set date to "Forever", clicking on "OK"
did not actually save that change (even though the file was registering
that something was different and it needed to be saved again).  When I
reopened the scheduled transaction, it was still set to the original
date. Strangely, if I change to another date, further in the future, it
saves correctly.

Yesterday I did the Linux 14.04 Ubuntu upgrade, so now I have v2.6.1 of
GnuCash.  I tried to change the dates again, but I'm still having this
same problem.  I can't get 2.6.3 until my command line guru has time to
look at it (as I've tried but ran into some problems).

The only thing I can think of to do is to either recreate all my
scheduled transactions manually, or by creating them from existing
register entries, since I can't find a way of copying them.  I've tried
changing permissions on the files, but they keep reverting, so I don't
know if it's a permissions problem or not.  Even the master file that I
keep that has all the scheduled transactions and accounts already set up
(but no register entries) won't let me make these changes.

Nothing in the documentation is helping me.  I've tried searching the
archives, but I cannot find anything specifically about this. Has anyone
else experienced anything like this?  Is this likely to be a setting
that I need to change?  Can anyone point me in the direction of fixing this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Christina