Show generation date on report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Jun 27 07:53:12 EDT 2014

Mark wrote:

>Correct. Date when run.
>
>I am using Profit&Loss and BalanceSheet. Version 2.4.15, though...
>
>Mark

Purpose?  For example, you mention the Balance Sheet. The DATA on a
balance sheet depends only on the "date as of" provided that this date
is less than or equal to the date when run. As long as you are running a
Balance Sheet report FOR a date on or before dates that it is run all of
these balance sheets will be exactly the same as long as no transactions
with effective dates on or before have been altered.

OK -- I CAN see some reasons where you might make use of this date (the
date run) if at several dates AFTER the effective date of the report you
are making additions/corrections with dates on or before the effective
date. And you have exported these several versions and now need to try
to figure out which is which. Think about the various ways you might
know which was the latest << besides the data IN the report >>

Michael

PS: Profit & Loss is the same except it is a date range, not a single
effective date. But again, provided not transaction shave been
added/altered with dates within this range the report will be the same
regardless of when run.