Price Editor stopped working

Deane Yamane deane.yamane at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 15:57:59 EST 2014

IF u're using a Mac, I had the same problem. The fix was to re-	download the newest Xcode app, reinstall the 'Command Line Tools' (Preferences/Downloads). Then I reran the 'FinanceQuote Update' app JIC. Now GnuCash 2.4.13 and 2.6.1 (the latest)  both work.

This is 'MacOSX Readme.pdf' from the 2.4.13 dmg:
"Installing Finance::Quote
You can install Finance::Quote by double-clicking the FinanceQuote Update applet in the dmg. It's a bit
painful, especially if you're on Lion and don't already have XCode installed.
You'll need to be logged in with an administrator account ("Allow user to administer this computer" is checked in
System Preferences->Accounts for the user).
You'll also need to have Developer Tools (Tiger or Leopard) or XCode (Snow Leopard and Lion) installed. It's
available as an optional install on your installation DVD or for Lion users, as a free download from the App Store.
In the latter case, you must also install the command line tools: Open XCode Preferences, select "Downloads", and
click the "Install" button next to "Command Line Tools". Close XCode.
FinanceQuote Update runs a script in a Terminal window. You'll need to switch to that window (CMD-Tab if it
isn't visible) and enter your password at the prompt to allow it to write to the system Perl directory. The script will
ask a bunch of questions. You can just accept the defaults to all of them (just hit "return" for each one). If there
was a good way to suppress those questions, we'd do that."

I hope this helps.