Error message when getting online price quotes

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Mar 5 09:49:54 EST 2014

On Mar 4, 2014, at 11:30 PM, Anna Scott <anna at poplarhouse.net> wrote:

> Hi, ok yes that's what I found. I have run that. All seems to install fine but still the same error message. I have rebooted to see if that made any difference but no luck. Also installed the latest version of Perl.

OK, the only other time I recall a user getting that message it was from an invalid symbol. Unfortunately I don't know of a quicker way to find it than by opening each security in turn and disabling online quotes for it, then trying again. That can be quite tedious if you have a lot of securities, so let's first make sure that FQ works: Create a new file and in it create a single security, something well-known like GE or AAPL. Set it to get online quotes from Yahoo and save. Run Get Quotes in the price editor and see if that works.

Regards,
John Ralls