Reliability of Gnu Cash software

Klaus Dahlke kdahlke at gmx.de
Wed Mar 5 15:24:59 EST 2014

On Wed, 5 Mar 2014 16:15:34 +0700
Richard Cooper <richtcooper at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi Richard,
I started using Gnucash more than 10 years ago and use it only for my private finance (no business function). I have all transactions since 2002 in one sql database, can import data from banks and quotes for stock etc. and run reports on the data. Quite comfortable. I have never experienced any wrong postings or imbalances (or they were my fault).

I miss only one feature: there are no projects/internal orders/cost collectors vs. cost types. E.g. I post gasoline to Expenses:car, but can't really distinguish whether the bill was during travel or day to day commuting. I could to this by adding keywords to the text and run reports on that but I'd rather prefer to have a cost collector e.g. 'travel' to which I can assign the gasoline bill as well. I could then get an overview on spent for gasoline for a year as well on the overall expenses for holidays. Today it is either/or.

Because of the above: just 4.5 stars out of five.

Best regards,
Klaus