Reliability of Gnu Cash software

Gregory Forster fgreg74 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:22:49 EST 2014

Hi Rich,

     For many years I used Peachtree Professional Complete Accounting,,
but I got tired of it's incompatibility with stupid things.  Then, I'd
have to spend hundreds to upgrade.  I finally said this and tried
GnuCash several years ago.  I've been using it ever since.  The only
disadvantage of GnuCash is that it does not do payroll calculations.
You can set up all the accounts though and do the actual calculations on
a spreadsheet.  That's what I do.  I designed a spreadsheet (using
LibreOffice) to do Payroll and it works great.  Others have encountered
bugs here and there.  I never did.  GnuCash has always performed great
for me.  When I did have problems, it was always, "user error."   I use
Windows 7 Professional 64 with GnuCash 2.4.13

Greg