Reliability of Gnu Cash software

Paula Hendricks paula at ph-webnet.com
Wed Mar 5 16:52:09 EST 2014

i started using gnu cash for just over 2 years. i'm on a mac and had used quickbooks for many many years. my accountant loved quickbooks and i used to give him a CD that had everything he wanted. because i like my accountant it took some courage to move away from his recommended software.

i tried mint and hated it.

gnu cash works great. it does what it's supposed to do. i do have a few things i wish were better (like formatting reports -- i'm a designer so how things look and how they layout really matters to me). and i hate that reports don't have page breaks. but on the nuts+bolts it does it all.

i'm not an accountant but i like knowing how things work and where my money is so the program suits me fine.

one of the big plusses is the elist. the group answers questions, and i feel i have someplace i can go with a human being there to answer my queries. i have never been made to feel stupid or that my question is not allowed.

i run this program for personal and business. i am both employed and self-employed, so i use it for all that. i've had some issues with downloading info from my bank so i don't use that feature and i don't track stocks either.

good luck. i hope this works for you.

	ph

paula hendricks ~:~ san francisco ~:~ 415.567.2647
author ~:~ writer ~:~ photographer ~:~  book designer
paulahendricks.com ~:~ cinnabarbridge.com