Trouble setting up online banking

Paul Lynch john1v10t12 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 21:54:09 EDT 2014

I am using Gnucash 2.4.10 on LUbuntu.  I imported a Quicken file, and went
through the "Online Banking Setup" tool, but when I tried to use "Get
Transactions", I got the message "No user is assigned to this account."
After some searching I found a wiki
page<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2#.22No_user_assigned_to_this_account._Please_check_your_configuration.22_Error>which
suggested editing a configuration file in settings/accounts by
removing "selected" from the line that says "selectedUser".  I tried this,
and now when I try "Get Transactions", GnuCash crashes after I enter the
password for connection to the bank account.

Any suggestions?