V 2.4.11: depreciation transaction

CCAAT ccaat at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Mar 17 15:41:15 EDT 2014

Hello gnucash,

It's been over a year since I posted; still a gnucash noob....

I have a new transaction that I have never entered before, so
I'm looking for advice and suggestions.

I bought a work truck for 5K, 350.00 in state taxes and 202.00 in
one-time fees and 166.00 on the annual, recurring tag.

So how would I go about entering this to do a straight-line
(1K/yr) 5 year depreciation on the 5K truck value, expense the
taxes (350) and the (202.00) (as separate items) fees and set up the
recurring 166.00 tag fees (as a tax) that is annually recurring?

Note I wrote one check for 5K to the owner and the all the other
fees/taxes where in a single check to the State of Florida (718.00).

Go through the "Account Register" ?

Create a new entries ? Which ones what type?

How to handle the split entries?

Similar question filed? (how would I research this?

curiously,
James