Conversion from Quickbooks Pro

Bob Brush 3 bobbrush3 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:29:03 EDT 2014

I used this product:
http://synergration.com/software/accessbooks-realtime/ back when we had
quickbooks, to create customer profit reports, it was a life saver then,
the only down side was manipulating the data to get the reports to work
out, we had to manually tag the Cost of Goods sold to the job names.
Now of course we use GnuCash and the report is in the program
(>>Reporst>>Business>>Customer Summary) with no manual work, the Vendor
Bill already had a spot for the Customer name on a per bill basis.

I mention this because you might be able to export to a database and
then do various imports from there, it is a widely requested but nearly
impossible task because QuickBooks is a moving target, and has many
versions which aren't compatible with each other, once the immediate
need is gone, there is little reason keep working with it.  You might be
able to directly access the real quickbooks database, it is usually in
the system tray, but it isn't always easy to figure out what's what.  So
to some degree Synergration is offering better documentation for your
data and a shortcut to a more usable form, they use the QuickBooks dev
SDK, which is also available, but the agreements might be limiting, I
don't remember the extent.

Thanks, Bob