Does anyone use a Quicksilver Rewards card with GnuCash?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 25 16:47:03 EDT 2014

On Mar 25, 2014, at 8:33 AM, Chris Bare <chris.bare at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was considering getting a Capitol One Quicksilver Rewards visa card, but
> wanted to know if anyone else used one with GnuCash. I had a Bank of
> America card, but as soon as MS stopped support MS Money, they dropped
> support for OFX. I tried their other export formats but they were too
> difficult to deal with so I closed the account.
>
> If anyone has a Quicksilver card, can you download your statement in OFX,
> or some other format that imports cleanly into GC?

I have a CapOne Visa Signature card. They support OFX, QFX (which are the same), QBO (which we don’t support), QIF, and CSV downloads. They don’t support OFXDirect, so you can’t use GnuCash Online Banking, but download and import as separate actions works fine; I do it every month.

Regards,
John Ralls