Scheduled Transactions

Kris ellsinore at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 13:57:50 EDT 2014

Hi, Derek!

On 3/26/2014 12:53 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, March 26, 2014 1:37 pm, Kris wrote:
>> I have about 75 customers that I invoice on a monthly basis.  It would
>> be much easier if I could just set these monthly invoices up as
>> Scheduled Transactions, but, while the transactions/invoices do appear,
>> they aren't linked to the customer and I can't edit them.  I also can't
>> get rid of them, so I have hundreds of dollars of invoices for unknown
>> customers.  :-D
>
> OOPS, you duplicated your "posted invoice transactions" -- alas, these are
> not actual invoices and due to the vagarities of the way Receivables are
> implemented, you've created orphan transactions that are locked in place.
> Alas, there is no recovery from this, short of going to a backup from
> before you did it.

Ah HA!  BUT -- I did the test run on a "sandbox" file, so no worries
there.  :-D

> Unfortunately there are no "Scheduled Invoices".

Drat.  :-)

>> Is there a way to do this?  Thanks!
>
> I can think of a few ways.  One, you could use the "Duplicate Invoice"
> functionality to actually duplicate and then post invoices for each
> customer.  However doing 75 of these a month is probably going to get
> tedious quite quickly.

This is what I have been doing so far, but you're right -- it gets
tedious pretty quickly, and I'm always afraid I'm going to miss someone.

> Two, you could TRY to use the Invoice importer.  I've never actually tried
> this myself so I don't know how well it will work.

I'll check that out -- thanks!

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.

No worries!  Thanks for the clues.  :-)