reports without decimals?

Trizi pbianco at mail.com
Fri Mar 28 11:43:47 EDT 2014

I'm finding this divergence in comprehension peculiar … just goes to show
that the Chinese Whisper Game works in print too!

No one is asking for a change to rounding in the transactions.  What I - and
the others - are looking for is /on a report./  Not in the transactions.

I'll give you a concrete example - the balance sheet report.

*What we want is this: *
	1. Put your transactions in - decimals and all - this is fine just the way
Gnucash does it.
	2. Run the Balance Sheet report.  Let's pretend  Cash = $23,233.45.
	3. Select Options --> set rounding & decimal places to "0"  /(this is the
functionality that is missing)./
	4. See the report with all the decimals rounded and no dollars and cents.
So it becomes  Cash = $23,233

I'm including
	• the original question (see comment 1 below) ,
	• another comment attempting to put the discussion back on track (see
comment 2 below) and
	• my comment, also attempting to get back on point (see comment 3 below) .

*Comment 1*
	Hi all,

	I'm trying my chance again (…)
	Does anyone know how to tweak the options when generating any kind of
	*reports *so that we don't have the double decimal displayed for every
	accounts.

	Thanks in advance for your help.

	Best regards,

	Martin.

*Comment 2 *

+
	> rounded(B) = rounded (C). You are going to have enough trouble with just
	> the limited fudging which might become necessary in your tax filings.
You
	> do NOT want to have the zillion OOB (out of balance) errors you would
get
	> if all your amounts were rounded as entered and you would be doing one
heck
	> of a lot of fudging amounts.
	> Michael

	Hi Mike,
	I agree with you that there is no need to fudge around with decimals in
the
	account.  That said,* I'm just talking about report generation* - report
that
	would be just for my own sake or the one of my accountant.
	Thanks for sharing your experience with rounding issues.... very useful!
	Best
	Martin

*Comment 3*