selecting a date range for a budget report

Steve Nospam stevenospam2000 at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 08:36:02 EDT 2014

On Sunday, May 11, 2014 5:54 AM, Ian K <ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

You can set the date range within the budget - in Budget Options there are
settings for the Budget Period.
Set this to whatever you want - e.g. for your Jan-Mar report set it to every
1 month beginning on 1st Jan and number of periods = 3.
You can save different budgets with different date ranges, then in the
Budget Report, select whichever budget you like to see.
Is this what you need?

Ian, this isn't what I need.
I don't want to have to create a separate budget for every possible report.  As the year progresses, I want to tweak my budget by moving money from one item to another.  This would be a pain with multiple budgets.  Also, creating a separate budget for 5 months, 7 months, etc. would be at best awkward.