Deposits Report

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 7 15:43:49 EST 2014

Hi Tanya,

FWIW, I think you want the transaction report.  there is a way to make it show
all the split details in a txn, which is a bit convoluted.  I'll look it up
later on tonight, if no-one else posts the correct settings in the meantime.

0.02
Maf.

On Fri 7 November 14 11:21:39 TanyaMc wrote:
> I appreciate your efforts. I apparently am not explaining things well
> from your reply. The report I desire is one that matches the deposits
> slips that went into the real world checking account that shows what
> funds/uses those monies were directed towards. That is required by my
> church oversight person. The reimbursement is under offerings because
> that is the generic name I use when depositing funds into the checking.
>
> The Bus is a real bus, not a fund. It is an owned fixed asset.
>
> As I stated in prior response, the A/R was how I did it in the
> beginning when I was experimenting with the program and different
> methods to see how things showed up on reports but then shifted to
> current system.
>
> I am not having issues with results on any of the standard GnuCash
> reports, except that I would like to organize the information
> differently (which was a previous response about net income).
>
> I am not able to look at the sample file currently, but wanted to
> express these items based on your comments. I appreciate your help but I
> don't think we are on the same page and are mixing up different
> discussions in this thread. My apologies.
>
> I have been reading sections of help as directed and I haven't seen
> anything that I didn't already know about accounting and such. So again
> I think I am not communicating clearly.
>
> TM
>
> On 2014-11-07 09:38, Aaron Laws [via GnuCash] wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Aaron Laws <[hidden email] [1]>
> >
> > wrote:
> >> Now then, I think I can begin to try to reproduce this. I'll take a
> >
> > look
> >
> >> at creating a minimum example, and get back with you later.
> >
> > Attached is a .gnucash file with what seems to me to be a minimum
> > working
> > example. It has a Bus Fund, a General Fund, a Missions Fund, and the
> > Manse
> > Reimbursable account. Your original question was "I'd like a report
> > that
> > totals the deposits by the accounts they went into, whether it be an
> > asset
> > or an income account." First, this question betrays some
> > misunderstanding
> > of account type. You really shouldn't want a report like this that
> > treats
> > the different account types the same way. So, in my example, to get a
> > listing of what happened to the General Fund, Missions, and Manse
> > Reimbursable (all assets!), run a Transaction Report and select those
> > accounts. If you only want summary information, as I understand it,
> > you'll
> > need to run different reports for each account. Do a Cash Flow report
> > on
> > the General Fund account to see each account that affected its
> > balance
> > at
> > any time, and a summary. Unfortunately, I don't see in the report
> [...]

Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542