Gnucash Crashing during QIF import

Damon Hudac stampede_68 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 11 21:12:58 EST 2014

Desktop OS: Linux mint Quiana
Desktop Gnucash: Version 2.6.1
Android Gnucash: Version 1.5.1

I have used Gnucash Android in the past to keep track of money that I spend when I'm out. While it was always a bit quirky trying to import my transactions, I never had this much trouble. Maybe a recent Android app update introduced a bug?

Here's what happens:

1) (Phone) I export transactions to my SD card on my phone as QIF
2) (Phone) I copy the QIF file to my desktop computer over Samba/my LAN

Rest of the steps are on my Desktop PC

3) File - Import - Import qif...
4) Choose the qif file that's stored locally on my desktop
5) Click Forward
6) Click Start
7) Gnucash immediately crashes

When I restart, it warns that it cannot obtain the lock file, and I tell it to "Open anyway."

I also have problems importing OFX files from the Android app, but I will put that in a separate email.

Does anyone know a workaround to this? Is there a place to file bug reports? Are there logs stored somewhere that would help explain what's happening?