Organizing by what amounts for whom.

hettinger weston.hettinger at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 19:16:41 EST 2014

I'm new to accounting, my girlfriend and I spend money independently and I
keep records of our transactions in a gnucash file.  Is there some way I can
categorize whether the item was for her or for me, or for both of us?  I
have already split apart the bank accounts into their separate pieces, do I
need to make a separate account for each transaction or is there some way to
code it into the description?  I could see how this could be useful for
businesses too: a company might order supplies but if one employee
consistently uses more from the same account it may be indicative that they
are being wasteful or stealing. Is there a way to do this under employees?
Please help, thank you for your time in advance.