General Ledger/Transaction Report???

NR nsrathi at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 16:18:00 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your tutorial.
While the report that produces is somewhat helpful, it is not what I need.

The report I need to generate shows the activity in each of the accounts in the chart of accounts accounts over a specific period of time.
For each account in your chart of accounts, the report is organized by account, and would show:
- would show the beginning balance for the account,
- all the transactions that occurred in that account,
- Date of transaction
- Type of transaction
- Number (e.g., check #, etc)
- Name of payee, etc.
- Memo/Description of transaction
- Split information for each transaction
- categorize the transaction within the two columns (debit/credit)
- a running balance, after each transaction,
- a total for the transactions for that time period for each column,
- an ending balance for the account at end of the specified period,

All help in producing this report is MUCH appreciated - I suspect I am not the only person needing/wanting this reporting information.

Thank you!