Problems setting up online banking

Jim Hogg, D.C. jimdwhogg at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 21:30:36 EST 2015

   I'm working on converting from Quicken to Gnucash so I can work in the
   Linux environment more. One feature that really helps me run my
   practice more efficiently is online banking and the ability to download
   transactions in Quicken. I'm having trouble with setting this up in
   Gnucash. I get as far as the 3rd setup screen in the Aq banking wizard
   trying to create an account. There is no swift code for my bank
   although there is a routing number. Aqbanking doesn't seem to let me
   proceed without the second number. Clicking the "help" button does
   nothing. Is there any documentation for Aqbanking wizard? the only
   documentation in Gnucash seems to refer to a different setup than Aq
   banking.
   Has anyone successfully using the online banking feature? Any
   suggestions?
   thanks,
   Jim