Still a question or two about the mailing list.

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Feb 14 16:53:15 EST 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015 13:25:46 -0800 (PST)
David <chrstdvd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Call me thick headed, but I am what I am, and I am learning this as I
> go.
It is better to ask questions

> I have one password and user name to log into this site, what I call a
> forum.
That's Nabble.

> Yesterday I received this email that gives me a odd password and I
> have no idea what it is for.  Is it just literally to do what is
> described in the email, or am I supposed to use it on this site when
> I post or reply and am prompted to log in?
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4676012/mail.png>
That password is needed if you wish to alter your interactions with the
mailing list software "Mailman". For example, receive the emails to
your email account, either singly or in batches.

> I am afraid to click "Do not show this message again" that I get
> every time I try to post directly on here until I know why it pops up.
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4676012/2.png>
You can safely click "do not show". It's a reminder, that's all.

> And my confusion is is compounded because every post or reply on this
> site has a yellow line background that says the post is has not been
> approved. Thanks

If you aren't a subscriber to the list, your posts wait for me to
decide.
A certain amount of spam gets submitted through the Nabble interface.
Others, like recent posts in Afrikaans, didn't get approved because I
can't read Afrikaans and don't know if it is OK or not. Basically, any
foreign language posts will be rejected, but I may reply separately
where I can read enough of the post to determine that it has
appropriate content.

Liz