I am drowning in emails

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:13:50 EST 2015

Liz wrote on Monday, 23 February, 2015 06:34 PM:
> A far better question is "how do others manage their email flow"

OK, I'll go for this one. I use Thunderbird email client. I have set up a filter to redirect all emails which have

Any Recipient = gnucash-user at gnucash.org

to go to a folder called, unsurprisingly, Gnucash. I have also enabled 'Thread View' for that folder.

Here are instructions for various mail clients: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/set-email-filters-gmail-hotmail-yahoo/

My inbox is relatively clear. When I feel like I want to dip into the Gnucash pool of wisdom, or if I have an outstanding question, I look in the Gnucash folder. If I feel I can't be bothered to read through them all, its easy to 'Mark All Read' or Select All and delete, if I'm really not in the mood.

Having said this, I've been around for a while. I understand the arguments from both sides for continuing with the mailing list (with or without Nabble), and for the Bulletin Board format. What would be ideal (in my opinion) is do have some sort of 'bridge' that seamlessly translates posts on the bulletin board to emails to the mailing list, and vice versa. This would ensure that both camps could use their preferred method, and the discussion would never rear its ugly head in the forum ... erm ... mailing list, ever again.

I don't, however, know of any such software. I may look around when I have a spare moment.