Changing the Order of Accounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 26 21:37:55 EST 2015

Fri, 27 Feb 2015 14:16:10
<CAEAyWUOyGXkU+LPkoMJLgjSmOaegRbySjEhR_E=ggtcZShKU8A at mail.gmail.com>
Murray Field <bigbadmur at gmail.com>

>Hi,

Hi, Rugby Pitch and other ball sports

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murrayfield_Stadium for foreigners

>On the Main "Accounts" Screen I have lists of Accounts with Sub-Accounts.
>Under one Heading I have four Sub-Accounts and what I want to do is change
>the order in which these Sub-Accounts appear in the list, for example...
>
>Dining Account
>          Lunch Account
>          Dinner Account
>          Breakfast Account
>          Supper Account
>
>*Change to -*
>
>Dining Account
>          Breakfast Account
>          Lunch Account
>          Dinner Account
>          Supper Account

use the alphabet in account names and an appropriate sort in reports

>I tried clicking and holding each Sub-Account then trying to drag it into
>the right order but this did not work

if it is any help it would have been surprising if that had worked when
viewing the CoA, if you think about it all sub-accounts are equal

>and I could not find any answers in
>the help guide.

It is a guide. it is unrealistic to expect it to contain every move this
from here to there and get a known result

>Can someone please tell me how to re-order my Sub-Accounts? I don't want to
>change any of their content just the order in which they are displayed.

stick a b c d or 1 2 3 4 at the front of the account name

Simples.

You may be surprised to learn that large multinational corporations use
a similar system in their accounts to get things in the order they want.

--
Wm...