Receivable - Internal Lot Link Missing

Geert Janssens geert at kobaltwit.be
Sun Jan 4 14:00:56 EST 2015

Hi Mark,

The missing lot link is indeed the reason for the invoice remaining on your receivables report.

The most likely way to end up in this situation is unposting an already paid invoice. After reposting the payment is not automatically assigned to the invoice again.

You can do that manually as follows :
- select Business->Customers->Apply Payment
- in the payment window select the customer of the open invoice
- you should now see both the invoice and the prepayment
- select both of them at once (using shift-click or ctrl-click)
- the amount to pay should now become 0
- click Ok

That should link your invoice to its payment again.

Regards,
Geert

Mark Seeba <mseeba at streamwrite.com> schreef op 2 januari 2015 17:43:24 GMT+00:00:
>Hi there,
>I have a posted invoice with a payment against that will not come off
>of my receivables report (even though the balance for the customer
>shows $0). The payment has been recorded but it shows up as a
>pre-payment. When I look into the receivables asset account I can see
>that this invoice is  missing an internal lot link entry.
>
>Is the missing internal lot link entry to cause of this problem? If so,
>how do I fix it?
>
>Also, how did this happen? Did I post something incorrectly here?
>
>I appreciate any help I can get with this.
>

>Mark Seeba
>MCSE: Communication
>Streamwrite
>Latest News: http://streamwrite.com/blog/
>Direct: 510-923-9210
>Fax: 510-420-4970
>Service Desk: 800.333.8394 (Option 4)
>www.streamwrite.com<http://www.streamwrite.com/>
>
>[MCSE_2013(rgb)_1508]
>
>This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information
>confidential to ATI and is intended only for the use of the intended
>recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended
>recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in
>error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of
>this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
>in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately.

Verzonden van mijn Android telefoon met K-9 Mail.