download and install gnucash on iMac OSX

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 16:26:01 EST 2015

 On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Eldon Fredericks <freder at purdue.edu>
 wrote:

> Thanks! That solved the problem. I am still a bit confused about how this
> program runs. It is running stand-alone because when I unplugged my
> ethernet connection GnuCash came up and ran. However, I continue to get the
> warning that this is connecting to the internet and asks me to accept.

I am curious about this "warning" -- do you have some sort of anti-malware
(anti-virus) software running on your Mac? If so it's very likely this is a
false positive. I recall this error used to be a complaint for some Windows
users because some code (triggered by GnuCash but outside of GnuCash's
control) would open a connection to 127.0.0.1 -- which is a networking
synonym for the machine the software is running on. Not the "Internet."

ALSO just to be absolutely certain, you said you downloaded the .dmg from
"the web site" -- did you get it via http://www.gnucash.org or some other
site?