Unofficial GnuCash Forum

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Fri Jan 23 08:47:45 EST 2015

At Fri, 23 Jan 2015 04:26:13 -0800 (PST) YeOldHinnerk <HRamthun at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well, I've used both and have to admit, I much prefer the forum. Why?
>
> - When I need help, I go to a well fitting forum and ask. I will receive
> notifications when someone answers, anyone who googles this issue finds my
> question - and if everyone is ignoring my problem I'll notice even that, as
> I can see, how often the issue was even looked at.

And this is *also* the downside of a forum.  The need to 'go to a well fitting
forum'.  This might be fine for *asking*, but unless one goes to the forum
*looking for questions*, one never sees them, unless one has things set up to
receive an E-Mail whenever someone posts to the forum.  In which case, a
mailing list is simplier.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933