Unofficial GnuCash Forum

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Jan 24 17:53:15 EST 2015

<ranting in soap box>

I don't understand the connection between having questions about split
transactions and a forum.

If I had an issue with split transactions, I would go to my friend Google
and ask for help...and I would get 6,270 answers in 0.47 seconds. (
https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=gnucash+split+transaction&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8).

The first page has nine entries in my browser:
* The first three references take you to the pages in the GNUcash docs and
tutorials about split transactions
* The fourth is a youtube video that shows you have to make a split
transaction.
* The fifth entry goes to nabble and a long discussion from the email list
in a nice, easy to follow, forum like format about split transactions
complete with pictures.
* The sixth through ninth entries are from various GNUcash
tutorials/blogs/email lists not directly related to the GNUcash web site,
but all very helpful and all are focused on how to make a split transaction.

If none of these resources helped, then I would be prepared to post an
intelligent question to the email list, referencing what I learned in these
resources and why they don't solve my particular problem, and then get
specific help for my particular issue.

However, you feel that all this information is not good enough to answer
your questions about split transactions, and the only way you could
possibly learn how to create a split transaction is to have a forum? Get
real.

People, the folks who support GNUcash do it for FREE on their own time. No
one is paid for working on this project. If you want a support forum, then
go purchase an accounting application that has one.

</ranting on soapbox>

Mark