Invoices/Receipts and PayPal fees

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Jan 30 06:37:34 EST 2015

On Friday 30 January 2015 06:37:40 Jill Terry wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Situation: non-profit club that does not issue customer invoices but
> members payments need to be tracked.
>
> In QuickBooks I would enter a receipt, on which I state where it's
> paid into, hence just one transaction.
> In Gnu is there a better way than to do an invoice and then
> immediately process payment, which is two transactions?

That should be possible yes.

You can enter transaction directly as well in GnuCash. For each payment
you receive enter the transaction in the proper bank/cash account
register.

Just like in QuickBooks you could use the name of the customer as
description for the transaction.

When you need to see all the information for one user you can either:

a. use "Edit->Find" on your income account (search on description using
name), and optionally open Report->Account report on the search results.

b. use any of the reports available that gives you the information you
want. The transaction report is probably a good candidate. You can
select your income account in the options and then sort on Description
and date. That would group your income per customer.

Can you work with these ?

Geert