Sort transactions by date within a day

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 23:46:50 EDT 2015

> "Frustrated" is not my word. I merely pointed out that VB/VBA is less
> interesting for the gnucash project because it's not multi-platform so
> the developers (none of which works on Windows) are unlikely to be
> interested in it in the gnucash context.

I know. Excuse me. I intentionally went a little ironic.

> There is a lot of goodwill in the gnucash community. So if people can
> help you they most likely will.

I have no reason to think the opposite of that.

> And let me add that my reservation is as much about trying to alter the
> data behind the gnucash core's back than it is about the language.

Ok. Now you was clear.
I imagined that this could happen.

> By doing so you're neglecting more than 20 years of effort to guarantee
> consistent data. Please don't underestimate the value of that.

My God.
I have a very great respect for the free SW projects, I even fight for it.
I fight for fun.
You left me afraid to touch the data. I will respect it as one should
respect a deity.

> The relative beauty of Windows vs Unix/Linux/OS X is debatable, but
> that's not the topic of this thread ;)

No accounting for taste.
Taste and ass, each has its own :))

> > At this point the only thing I
> > have is an Excel exporter to QIF very customized.
> I haven't followed the complete thread... Is this is self-written or did
> you use xl2qif [1] ? There is also calc2qif [2] for openoffice users by
> the way...

I wrote.
All xlsx to QIF converters I found, or does not work or work bad or is paid.
xls2qif not worked for me, it is too old and no longer receives updates.

> Excel can directly import csv files and gnucash can export to csv. What
> more do you need ?

GnuCash CSV -> Excel CSV:
I will look at this in more detail, but it seems that there are some
problems.

Excel -> GnuCash:
I have another thread (GNUcash Import QIF - Please Help) where I was
talking about this with Derek but he went on vacation.
I appreciate your help in this thread.

The problem is that I have many old transactions with exchange rates in my
Excel and would like to import them into GnuCash but GnuCash does import
exchange rates.

This thread here is about "Sort transactions by date Within a day" which
only yielded workarounds.

Thanks!

Regards
GTI