Need custom report?

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Wed Jul 15 09:36:32 EDT 2015

On 7/15/2015 1:49 AM, Oliver64 wrote:
> Dear users,
> I am using gnucash to keep track of my private expenses and somehow don't
> find the suitable report for me:
>
> I would need some kind of profit  & loss report which includes all transfers
> to the passiva accounts (where my debts are located), because this is money
> I "spend" from my bank account - even though it stays "my money".
> Perfect would be a report stating for each month:
> -starting balance of all selected accounts
> - income and expense on these accounts
> - ending balance of all selected accounts
>
> Has anyone already written a report like this or could help me
> (schemedummy!) to do so?
>
> Thansk Oliver

Your problem in not finding a suitable report could be from looking in
the wrong place. This would NOT be a "profit and loss" sort of report.
Check out the possibilities of the "cash flow" reports that gnucash offers.

Cash flow and profit and loss very different kettle of fish, measure
different things. An entity could be very profitable but run into cash
flow problems (not enough on hand at some point to meet an immediate
need) or on the other hand, have plenty of ready cash but bleeding
losses like crazy.

Michael