Lost Checks - No Payee - Best Practice

ph hermes phsfca.hermes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 23:48:27 EDT 2015

i'd do nothing until that happens. i'm not an accountant, but when i write
a "voided" check to a bank i don't record it because there is no
transaction to track. i don't even make a note of why that # is missing...
but i could put a little note in my folder for that bank...

is there a reason i'm missing that would require or provide a real benefit
to going to all this trouble?

i write so few paper checks myself these days that i've found i use the
wrong stack sometimes, so my #s don't track the way they used to. and it's
all fine in gnu cash (and my books).

            ph