register position after entering a split

Sean Porterfield gnc20150530 at sf.porterfield.net
Sun Jun 7 11:51:36 EDT 2015

Is there any rhyme or reason that explains why sometimes adding a
transaction positions me to that transaction and other times it stays at
the blank at the bottom?

The first theory I reached was that deleting an existing split line
(from the previous transaction that auto-filled) is what caused the
position change, but I entered one like that that left the selection in
the bottom blank.

So far, I've only noticed it after clicking the split button.  If the
transaction is going all to one account, it seems to stay at the blank.
 When using the split, it doesn't seem to matter if I press enter, click
the "Record the current transaction" button or use the arrow key to move
off.  Other than an arrow down positions me on the transaction after the
one I just entered instead of in the new transaction.

It's not a big deal; I can click the arrow to go to the blank
transaction to enter the next one.  I'm just trying to figure out if
there is a secret I missed or something I can do in a particular way to
may it behave consistently.
--
Sean Porterfield