Sort transactions by date within a day

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:28:27 EDT 2015

>> If we are in very demanding over time it loses its meaning, but what
>> matters is the order of transactions and not the exact moment it happened,
>> even as every watch marks a different time from the other.
>>

> No, if you looked at my earlier post, IN GENERAL even order is undefined.
> By which I mean that while there is obviously an order by which you enter
> the transactions, there are some sorts of transactions where their order of
> happening is undefined.
>
> For example: You have several "fixed assets". Once  a year you record the
> depreciation for each of them. But there is no meaning to the order in
> which that is done. Your "work flow" had an order, but that is a random
> choice on your part. There is no sense in which it could be said "the
> annual  depreciation on the business's truck happened before the annual
> depreciation on the business's office equipment".
>
> I think you are referring to "order in which the transactions were
> entered". I am saying that isn't ALWAYS the order in which they could be
> said to have happened.
>
> Michael D Novack
>
> PS: That this seems clear to me perhaps because one of the organizations
> for which I am treasurer is very low volume. So I don't open gnucash as
> each arrives but wait till I have a reasonable number of transactions to
> process. When I process that "stack", each gets the correct effective date
> and if checks will appear in check number order within a date but that date
> has nothing to do with the (later) date and time of day when I entered them
> nor would they necessarily have been entered in order (I'd be more likely
> to "batch" by what account affected)

Friend,

If you look at the previous post you will see cases cited by me and another
colleague that the order makes no difference in the balance of the day
throughout the day. That is the question.

There are cases and cases. There are cases where the order does not matter
and there are cases where it is important, and there are cases where it is
not important to another but it is important for you. There are cases where
you want things to be in the order you want, ie the freedom of choice! Even
if the final mathematical results are the same.

2 + 3 = *5* is also 3 + 2 = *5*, and also -10 + 2 + 3 + 10 = *5* but if you
look operation by operation results are different.

                 2 + 3 = *5* ===> 2 = *2* then 2 + 3 = *5 *Deferential
partial results and the same end.
                 3 + 2 = *5* ===> 3 = *3 *then 3 + 2 = *5* Deferential
partial results and the same end.
-10  + 2 + 3 + 10 = *5 *===> -10 = *-10* then -10 + 2 = *-8* then -10 + 2
+3 = *-5* then -10  + 2 + 3 + 10 = *5* Deferential partial results and the
same end.

Ok!?

Regards
GTI