Sort transactions by date within a day

GT-I9070 H gti9070h at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:37:58 EDT 2015

> I’ve been following this thread with some puzzlement, but now I think I
> know what you want!

First I would like to make it clear that in the first post  I asked: IF IT
WAS POSSIBLE and not I WANT.

> 1. You want to have a dedicated field within a transaction which holds the
> date and time when you entered the transaction.

No. It would add the time in the Date field that already exists to be used
for ordering purposes.

> 2. You want to be able to read this field within Gnucash (as opposed to
> having it recorded “behind-the-scenes”).

No. With the field above we do not need be able to read this field.

3. You want to be able to sort transactions using this field.

Yes.  With the field above (Nº 1).

4. You want to have a dedicated field which holds the location at which the
> transaction took place.

Yes.

> 5. You want to be able to see this on the screen too, and presumably sort
> using it?

Maybe.

> It’s not clear how precise you want to be about location - is it general
> (e.g. ATM, Bank, Shop, My Desk)? Or is it specific (ATM outside Tesco Store
> in Dundee)?

E.g. The address of the store or a GPS coordinates for link to GoogleMaps!

> As none of these is currently available in Gnucash, you have two
> alternatives:

Unfortunately.

> 1. Extend Gnucash to provide these features (a: write the code yourself b:
> pay someone else to do it c: persuade the (volunteer) developers that these
> are important modifications, needed by many users).
> 2. Devise a way of using existing fields within Gnucash to achieve what
> you want.

I know this and have thought of all these alternatives. Maybe you could
help persuade a dev to help us, or you do not like these improvements ???

> Apparently you’ve tried 2. by using work-arounds, and haven’t succeeded.

Yes.

> It’s always helpful to strip a request for help down to its essentials -
> you may even find that stating your question clearly allows you to see the
> answer yourself.

I did not understand well this English!

> Michael

Regards