Adding a customer with an outstanding balance

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Sun Jun 28 09:00:20 EDT 2015

Can someone advise me of a customary way of adding a customer who was in
a different Accounting system that has a current balance.

So far I had been generating an invoice and calling it outstanding balance.

Since the original invoices are in the other accounting system, it might
be a lot of work to try to generate new invoices.  Some of the
outstanding balances generate from number invoices that has been
partially paid over more than a year.

My current logic was to have the customers account having an outstanding
balance (from that past) and of course any new changes will be invoices
in Gnucash.

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James
ljames at apollo3.com