lock files are not getting deleted

scar scar at drigon.com
Mon Jun 29 19:49:09 EDT 2015

L. D. James wrote on 06/29/2015 03:36 PM:
> It sounds like you are having a permissions issue with your files.
>
> You'll need to check and verify that you are the owner of the files in
> your home directory and where you're loading your data file from.

/home$ ls -l
drwxr-xr-x 97 scar   scar   4096 Jun 29 14:59 scar/
/home$ ls -l scar/Documents/Finances/
drwxrwxr-x 2 scar scar 12288 Jun 29 15:22 books/

additionally, all of the files in the books directory are all owned by me.
the lock files have more restrictive permissions, but are still owned
and read-writable by me:

-rw------- 2 scar scar      0 Jun 29 15:14 books.ffffffffa8c06401.5981.LNK
-rw------- 2 scar scar      0 Jun 29 15:14 books.LCK